Getting back to the topic, to recover your data (which is converted to shortcuts), just follow these simple steps:
- Connect your pen/flash/external drive to your computer.
- Go to My Computers and check what drive it is assigned for example F: or G: drive. Lets assume its G: (replace it with correct letter as applicable in your case).
- Click on “Start” –>”Run”–> type cmd and hit OK. This will start command prompt.
- Enter the following command and hit “Enter”.
attrib -H -R -S /S /D G:\*.*
- Now check the pendrive for the files.